Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Charlie St Cloud. It really isn't all about Zac Efron's good looks (well its a plus!)

Allow me to talk endlessly about the following:
Everyone has been getting pumped up to see the new feature film Charlie St. Cloud staring the oh-so-fabulous Zac Efron. The previews promote an intense story about the relationship between two brothers, and how one tragedy only brings them closer together... spiritually. Many people (especially teens who follow Efron's every move in movieland) want to see this movie for the exciting visual images....we all know who I am referring to. BUT Efron plays this roll to perfection. He is talented and isn't just a character actor. The story line is empowering and everyone will leave the theater feeling enlightened. What is more powerful than this fabulous film is the book that the movie is based off of. The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood is probably one of the most fantastic books I have ever read. I must confess that I wanted to read the book because I knew I was eventually going to go see it on film and stare at the lovely Efron for two hours. Once i started to read the book, I swear there was not one second of the day that I did not put it down (except for of course eating and sleeping!). The book was a quick read (it was the first book I read on a NOOK, highly recommended) but once it was over, I felt completely empowered and the discussion of life and death was remarkable. It does not matter what you believe in or the type of religion you follow, but if you have faith it is a MUST READ. Once you have completely the book I highly recommend that you see the movie. The movie takes it on a slightly different spin (as most book -into- movies do) but it still is great to watch and to place gorgeous images to a remarkable story. So get reading and buy your movie ticket before it leaves the theaters!

No comments:

Post a Comment