Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Royal Wedding

So we are just one day away to ooo-ing and ahhh-ing at the Royal Wedding where William and Kate are soon to be wed! Since I will be at work (sadly) I will be missing it so thank god for DVR! I wanted to share some fun facts that I read on People.com and personal interviews with the perfect couple!

First of all, Kate and William met while studying at St. Andrews, and started off as close friends. Kate was awed by the prince and was actually shy at first to even get introduced to him! They started off living together as friends with other roommates and soon their love blossomed. He even admitted attempting to cook for her to impress her!

Once they started officially dating they took many vacations and were first spotted expressing some "PDA" on the Swiss Alps in Zermatt where it was confirmed that the prince had a new love. Since the couple are such world travelers, especially to Africa, William proposed to Kate in Kenya and presented to her his mother's (Princess Diana's) engagment ring which is a beautiful sapphire bordered by diamonds. In an exclusive interview, William was asked if he asked her father for his daughter's hand in marriage before the proposal. He said "I didn't want to ask him first in case he said no" and he laughed. But i'm sure the Middleton family was anything but disappointed in this proposal.

So one question I'm sure everyone is curious about.. Will this new princess bride mirror her soon to be  mother-in-law (may she rest in peace)? I believe so! Princess Diana wore a good luck charm horsehoe on her wedding dress, and I'm sure Kate will do the same since it has such great symbolizm.

William is still picking out the perfect tiara for his bride-to-be and it will be revealed on the special day!

I am very excited to see this wedding (recorded of course) over the weekend and share with everyone the wonders of this royal occasion.

More updates to come about the dress, tiara, flowers, location, etc!




No comments:

Post a Comment