Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wedding of the Year

 I apologize in advance for the extreme delay of this posting but I still wanted to talk about it, of course I am referring to the Royal Wedding. I previously gave a general background on William and Kate but now since the wedding has been a huge buzz for the last month, I figured I would sum it all up.

The Wedding took place at Westminster Abby, one of the most famous locations in London and possibly all of England. Princess Diana previously was wed their so this location is very special to the royal family. Looking past all of the traditional dress of the English guests, I would like to take note to the decor in the church. In most weddings that many of us have been to or seen on television and in magazines, we notice a traditional array of flowers decorating the church or wedding location. But in this special wedding there were tall maple trees that lined the aisles. Kate wanted to portray the feeling of a "living avenue" for the guests to follow to their seats. She was also being very eco-friendly with this decorating decision because the trees can be replanted after the ceremony.  (Clever idea for the eco-friendly brides out there!)


Now of course the best part of this event was indeed the fabulous Alexander McQueen dressed designed by Sarah Burton. Traditionally in English customs, the brides must have a dress with sleeves. Although this is not the most popular look for the modern brides of today, the royalty of England was not going to break this tradition. I think that Kate picked an amazing designer for this dress since she added a little modern twist to the elegant stye. Lace sleeves is a MUST if you were to add sleeves to a dress. It shows a little skin while still offering traditional coverage.

Pippa Middleton, the gorgeous Maid-Of-Honor, also wore a Sarah Burton designed dress to mirror the Bride. In most traditional weddings that we see and hear about, the bride should be the only one wearing white. But I think if the Maid-Of-Honor and the bridal party wore white to compliment the bride's gown then I think it is perfectly fine and no-one would outshine the bride anyway!






Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue. Well Kate certainly followed these Wedding 101 rules! Something Old: The Dress style. We have seen this dress style on Kate's predecessors who were royal brides. The traditional long sleeve gown worn by Princess Grace and Princess Diana. Something New: Kate's parents granted her with Robinson Pelham earrings which evokes the new Middleton coast of arms with diamond oak leaves and acorns which she wore with her gown. Something Borrowed: Queen Elizabeth lent her Cartier Halo tiara which she received on her 18th birthday. Something Blue: Simply a blue ribbon stitched in the lining of her dress!

I hope all you brides-to-be enjoyed this little royal wedding segment, (although very delayed). Good luck planning YOUR royal weddings! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment